Wednesday, January 27, 2016

WEEKLY UPDATE--Three More Sisters!

Well, hello again!

Besides getting new missionaries today, Nothing new has happened since my last email. I have had the same schedule, same service, same food, class with the same people but regardless, this week has been nothing less than Extraordinary!

The rooms in the residency halls in the MTC have 3 bunk beds and each room sleeps 6 sisters. For the past three and a half weeks it has just been my companions and I (the 3 of us) in one room. Last night we learned that my companions and I were getting three more sisters in our room. So we were frantically consolidating our stuff to accommodate these new sisters. This morning my companions and I woke up at 6:00, got dressed, and headed to the very first endowment session in the Provo Temple. I absolutely LOVE being outside. Despite the cold, the snow looked so pretty this morning. It was a wonderful session. After that, we headed to the Health Center for Sister. Brinkerhoff's doctors appointment. This girl is a crack up. She is so accident prone, extremely forgetful and never ceases to make me laugh at how frantically excited she is all the time. After that we stopped at the mail room to pick up our packages. (THANK YOU FAMILY AND FRIENDS FOR ALL THE GOODIES AND SNACKS FROM HOME!! THEY ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED AND MY DISTRICT LOVES EATING THEM!!!) Did some laundry, cleaned our room and now I am emailing...

This week, I learned lots more mandarin. LOTS of Mandarin. Here at the MTC we have this thing called SYL. Speak Your Language. With that, because we are with our companions 24/7 we are instructed to "Speak our Language" wherever we go and whenever. So....my companions and I speak to each other (with what we know) ALLLL DAY and I thoroughly enjoy it. We each carry a small notebook around and every time we dont know how to say a word in Mandarin, we say it in english and then write that word down in our notebook so that we can translate it and practice using it.

Also in the MTC, we have this thing called TRC. Teaching Resource Center. It is a place where missionaries go every week to practice teaching lessons to member volunteers and get feedback about what and how we can teach more efficiently. My companions and I went to the TRC on Saturday and we taught two member volunteers, Brother Lei and Brother Lucero, both of whom served missions in Taipei. They were both such great help and they shared with us some experience that they had while they were serving.

Dad, Brother David Lucero said (while we were speaking to him in Mandarin) that he served in the High Council with you when he lived in Hawaii and he sends his regards.

I found more hawaii people!!! Also, my Mandarin teacher, Ryan Foley, is related to Uncle Mike and Sally Foley! How cool?! What a small world...

I dont have much to say this week, other than I absolutely love it here. Well not so much here in Utah, but here on my mission. I love my companions, I love my district, I love walking to the temple, I love listening to the teachings of our leaders and I love learning. I feel the spirit so strongly here, It is amazing.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!! UNTIL NEXT WEEK!!!!
-Sister Goo.

1 comment:

  1. She is absolutely amazing. Love all the pictures below. Such a pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete